I am inviting all of you, my loyal readers to join me on a journey to self-love and self-discovery. Now, you might be a bit skeptical and call me narcissistic but I believe love is something that we have inside of ourselves and have access to all the time. Granted it’s hard work sometimes. It takes courage to quiet the negative voices in our head. It takes daring greatly to give ourselves permission to accept ourselves as we are, flawed and all. However, by doing so, not only will you discover how abundant this universe is, but also how much more you have to offer this universe.
I have prepared a simple guideline to do just this and hope that you join me. The rules are as follows:
1. Express gratitude. A lot of people recommend a gratitude journal, for me if I do this a few times a day even in my head, it works!
2. Accept yourself completely. This takes some effort. One of the things that helps is honoring where you are in your journey, acknowledging your mistakes and vowing to not repeat them. Also, positive affirmations really help.
3. Relax and have fun. Remembering that other people’s opinion of you is actually none of your business goes a long way in helping you feel more relaxed. Celebrate.
Now, the journey to self discovery should be celebrated!!!
What better day to start this journey than Valentine’s Day?
Here are some suggestions to help you:
1. Beautify yourself. Dress up in whatever helps you feel your best. Don’t forget make up.
2. Light a scented candle to set the mood.
3. Get a mirror.
4. Put music on.
5. Chocolate goes without saying!
6. Say the following affirmation while looking at yourself in the mirror: I love, honor, and accept myself as I am. I am worthy of self-love. I am open and ready to receive my powers. Come what may.
7. Most importantly, dance.